Thursday, July 19, 2007

Quick update!

Hey all--not too much news from the road, but there are a few things I'd like to itemize, as to make the things I need to say flow in a systematic, uncreative way:

1. I just celebrated my 25th birthday in Tuba City, Arizona, which is one of a few towns on the Navajo Indian Reservation. The Reservation is DRY, meaning they don't allow alchohol to be sold there, and as such, I resorted to shots of smuggled Jack Daniels with Molly, Vandy (thanks for providing the JD), and Andy-- a great time, but alas, no birthday Guinness. Sorry I let you down, dad.

2. We rode through the Grand Canyon National Park yesterday and today--simply said, there is no photograph ever taken, regardless of how fancy or neat that photograph my be, that could, can, or will capture the immensity, awesomeness, and beauty of the Canyon. Breathtaking on many levels. I highly suggest you go!

3. We are nearing the end of our journey here--8 days remain. I can't believe how the time has both flown and dragged on. The trip isn't over yet, nor are the posts from this blog, but know that the spirits are high in the group, and we are finally feeling the pull of the Pacific--Pacific time zone, west coast food chains, Southwest heat--it's everything we need to feel like the end is near.

More to come in the very near future,
Eric

1 comment:

jeremy said...

by my count, you touched the pacific ocean today. CONGRATS!!! WOO WOO!!!